Position Title: Operations Manager Reports to: Director of Operations
Start Date: ASAP Location: Austin, Texas
The Operations Manager will oversee production, procurement, and project management processes across functions to promote organization and enable team members to focus on their specializations in pursuit of company goals. In addition, the Operations Manager will assist in supply chain planning and development.
*Note that responsibilities may be added or adjusted over time.
- Assist in management of multiple production plants. To include relationship management and production scheduling.
- Support purchasing/procurement. Manage label/packaging and ingredient inventory at all plants to meet forecasted and planned production needs.
- Manage and support various one-off projects. To include being lead project manager of specific projects.
- Supports production planning for the entire business. To Include product availability management, inventory strategy/management and stock optimization at the processing plant level and outside third-party warehouses.
- Supports production schedule across multiple production plants.
- Continuous improvement in production planning models and methodology for both mature and new product launches to drive reliability and cost savings.
- Ensures timely and cost effective of replenishment of stock based on demand forecast and close collaboration with sales, marketing, and finance teams.
- Minimize shortage risks and proactively communicate risks to appropriate teams.
- Manage target inventory levels & shelf life to ensure service, reduce product waste and free up working capital.
- Review batch / production reports from production plants to ensure production within agreed upon tolerance.
- Manage & enter purchase orders to external processing plants. Responsible for correct toll pricing and quantities required.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on production plant strategy to include additional plant onboarding or phase-outs as needed.
- Help in coordinating inventory, warehousing, logistics, scheduling, and all aspects of business to ensure timely and efficient production in alignment with company goals.
- Providing input in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Review and approve production/supply related invoices in Bill.com weekly.
- Review distributors orders and direct shipping of orders from processing/storage locations as required.
- Oversee data entry of all distributor / retail orders along with customer service and fulfillment support.
- Data entry of materials/labels in tracker.
- ERP data entry of orders, fulfillments, assemblies and transfers.
- Assist QA Manager with any QA related issues involving production plants or supply partners.
- Assist Innovation / Renovation Manager with projects and support.
EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 4 Years in a professional work setting.
- Production Management, Meat Industry is a plus.
- Education: 4-year B.S./B.A. degree (preferably in Business, Supply Chain, or Engineering) or equivalent.
- Establishes and flawlessly maintains systems, processes and procedures without exception. Understands that this is incredibly challenging in a fast growth company but accepts that this challenge.
- Can be counted on to exceed goals routinely and is consistently one of the top company performers. Is results oriented and steadfast in pushing himself/herself and others for success.
- Understands how the business works. Is knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends and information affecting the organization.
- Is dedicated to exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Understands that the customer experience is the single most important outcome created by the company and never let’s anyone forget it. Honors this principle by maintaining the pulse of the organization with quality reporting and using this information for
improvements that produce even better customer experiences in the future.
- Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important. Quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts less important items aside without burying them forever. Can quickly and effectively sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal, eliminates roadblocks and creates focus. Does not accept excuses and finds ways to achieve success. Communicates with executive management before a goal or deadline is missed and effectively sets appropriate expectations.
- Exceptional at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done. Understands how to organize people and activities into efficient workflow. Knows what to measure and how to measure it to ensure consistently exceptional team performance.
- Is enthusiastic about the company and has unquestioned credibility with the entire team.
- Strong planning and organizational along with excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to summarize and communicate complex issues or situations to senior stakeholders.
- A self starter with an active passion for positive change including processes, skills & technology.
- Seek to constantly expand and improve on skills and knowledge base
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Leads by example and exhibits professionalism at all times.
- Operates with the highest level of integrity and is widely trusted.
- Adheres to the FON values and beliefs in every interaction with employees, partners and customers during both good and tough times.
- Is bright, creative and deals with complexity comfortably. Is intellectually sharp, capable and agile.
- Has outstanding judgment, is a strong critical thinker and problem solver. Is able to predict and prevent issues before they arise. Creates systems that are efficient, effective, practical and scalable.
- Travel required.
- Must be able to read and interpret recipes, numbers on scales, perform basic math and judge color, consistency, placement of materials for quality control.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Ability to stand, squat, bend, twist, reach, walk, or lean for entirety of shift.
- Passion for an active health & wellness lifestyle
- Strong in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Process planning, Project Management and Inventory Management.
- Inventory CRM (DEAR).
Please email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org