Part-Time Demo Specialist
Force of Nature is a meat company based in Austin, TX with a mission to accelerate the growth of a regenerative supply chain. We source from ranchers who practice regenerative agriculture, a system of practices that give back to the environment, effectively reversing climate change and improving our food quality. We are looking for values-aligned demo specialists to help spread our mission by sampling the best meat on the planet, for the planet in the greater Austin and surrounding areas.
This position will offer a world-class demo experience by engaging with consumers by handing out samples and increasing brand awareness by educating consumers on the benefits of meat consumption and regenerative agriculture. You will also be integral in increasing product sales primarily through in-store sampling, event sampling, trade shows, and building retail relationships. If you are a friendly person who loves to cook, talk and interact with others, are passionate about climate change and conservation, animal welfare, health, and food, then this is the job for you!
Brand Awareness, Product Trial
- Create brand awareness and positive impressions of the product by engaging consumers through sampling/distributing products and communicating product features primarily in grocery stores and occasionally in outside events and trade shows.
- Work on an as-needed basis. Demo needs will be communicated in advance.
- Ensure brand talking points are communicated effectively with consumers.
Event / Demo Set-up and Breakdown
- Execute all demos as assigned.
- Work with in-store demo coordinators to schedule demos.
- Responsible for event set-up, sampling, and program breakdown.
- Ensure the demonstration area is clean, organized, and correctly set up according to the instructions.
- Communicate proactively with the Marketing Program Manager and Director of Sales.
- Accurately and timely complete and submit reports online; call reports, expense reports (if applicable), etc.
- Participate in mandatory online training and conference calls.
- Attends initial in-person training, online and conference calls, as well as possible ongoing monthly product training, team meetings, client training, etc. as a requirement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Some college preferred with 1- 2 years of equivalent applicable work experience. Significant experience and/or interest in healthy food, marketing, demonstrations, sales, or retail/grocery is highly desirable.
- Available to work weekends and weekday evenings to conduct four-six demos per week.
- Ability to interact with management, clients, and consumers in any setting.
- Candidates must have excellent communication and people skills, be natural problem solvers.
- Be professional and must have clean hygiene in appearance.
- Able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Able to stand and talk for the entire shift.
- Friendly and outgoing personality, enthusiastic, and energetic.
- Capable of set-up, event activation, breakdown.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate the details of the event and the participating brands to consumers.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is generally active and requires standing for long periods of time. This position often requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 25 pounds, usually crates or boxes of meat. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- brand ambassador: 1 year (Preferred)
- Demo: 1 year (Preferred)
- Austin, TX
- Dallas, TX
- Houston, TX