You have unlocked free shipping!
Free shipping on orders over $159!
$ to go.
Due to the frozen nature of our product all orders of perishable items will need to be $75 Dollars or greater.
WHERE THRIVING GRASSLANDS GROW, SO DOES HOPE
NOW HIRING: STAFF ACCOUNTANT
by Force of Nature
Position Title: Staff Accountant Reports to: Controller
Start Date: Summer (ASAP) Location: Austin, TX
Force of Nature is a category disrupting brand that has quickly become the fastest growing brand in meat. Founded to accelerate the creation of a global regenerative supply network; we are revolutionizing the industry to not just improve but to create positive returns for land, for animal welfare, for communities and for consumers. The Staff Accountant will play a critical role in making sure we are organized, on top of and ahead of recording transactions and processing the reporting that will be critical to team success. For the right person, this dynamic and fast passed environment checks all the boxes of supporting a mission based company with an opportunity to develop professionally.
*Note that responsibilities may be added or adjusted over time.
- Manage the processing and recording for accounts payable transactions - ensure bills are matched with the purchase orders approved by the purchasing team.
- Manage the processing of cash receipts, recording for revenue and accounts receivable and work closely with the sales team to ensure approved deductions on customer payments.
- Manage and track trade spend deductions with the sales team.
- Manages the purchasing and invoicing system.
- Manage accounting inbox for accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Assist the controller in weekly working capital analysis.
- Support the invoicing and collections processes.
- Close accounts payable and accounts receivable on timely fashion for month-end.
- Proactively reach out to business managers and warehouse managers in collecting the month-end inventory count data.
- Provide business managers with their monthly credit card transactions and record the transactions in QuickBooks.
- Support banking and treasury management needs.
- Reconciles bank accounts, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Assist sales team in managing trade spend deductions.
- Support other administrative application and documentation requests.
- Support various payroll and HR processes.
- Support insurance and risk management needs.
- Manage the product list and perform annual review with the purchasing team.
- Perform annual review of open purchase orders with the purchasing team.
- Support various monthly, quarterly and annual compliance processes and reporting requirements.
- Create and manage reporting across a variety of accounting and finance areas.
- Support various cross-functional efforts from the lens of the accounting function.
- Provides outside tax accountants and auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 4 Years in a professional work setting.
- CPG experience preferred.
- Education: 4-year B.S./B.A. degree (preferably in finance or accounting) or equivalent.
- Establishes and flawlessly maintains systems, processes and procedures without exception. Understands that this is incredibly challenging in a fast growth company but accepts that this challenge.
- Can be counted on to exceed goals routinely and is consistently one of the top company performers. Is results oriented and steadfast in pushing himself/herself and others for success.
- Understands how the business works. Is knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends and information affecting the organization.
- Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important. Quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts less important items aside without burying them forever. Can quickly and effectively sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal, eliminates roadblocks and creates focus. Does not accept excuses and finds ways to achieve success. Communicates with management before a goal or deadline is missed and effectively sets appropriate expectations.
- Is enthusiastic about the company and has unquestioned credibility with the entire team.
- Strong planning and organizational along with excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to summarize and communicate complex issues or situations to senior stakeholders.
- A self-starter with an active passion for positive change including processes, skills & technology.
- Seek to constantly expand and improve on skills and knowledge base.
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Leads by example and exhibits professionalism at all times.
- Operates with the highest level of integrity and is widely trusted.
- Adheres to the FON values and beliefs in every interaction with employees, partners and customers during both good and tough times.
- Is bright, creative and deals with complexity comfortably. Is intellectually sharp, capable and agile.
- Has outstanding judgment, is a strong critical thinker and problem solver. Is able to predict and prevent issues before they arise. Creates systems that are efficient, effective, practical and scalable.
- Travel required
- Must be able to occasionally lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand, squat, bend, twist, reach, walk, or lean for entirety of shift.
- Passion for an active health & wellness lifestyle.
- QuickBooks, CRM, Inventory Management, Shopify, and customer order management solutions.
- Strong in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Process planning, Project Management and Inventory Management.
Please email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com