Position Title: Supply Chain Manager Reports to: VP of Operations
Start Date: ASAP Location: Austin, Texas
The Supply Chain Manager will oversee key front and back-end support processes across functions to promote organization, reliability, efficiency and the pursuit of company goals. In addition to aiding in the key administrative elements of the cross-functional team, the Supply Chain Manager will manage the demand planning processes of Force of Nature which include activities such as building historical baselines, calculating baseline forecasts, working with the commercial team to establish incremental forecasts for promotions, and other marketing events; as well as build assumption-based projections for new product launches or product extensions. In addition, the role is expected to support production planning, logistics coordination and inventory planning
*Note that responsibilities may be added or adjusted over time.
- Build, manage and maintain production schedule across multiple processing plants.
- Continuous improvement in production planning models and methodology for both mature and new product launches to drive reliability and cost savings.
- Owns production planning for the entire business including product availability management, inventory strategy/management and stock optimization at the processing plant level and outside third-party warehouses.
- Leads the production planning process through interface with sales, marketing and finance to ensure timely development of an agreed upon forecast which ties to financial projections.
- Establishing continuous communication with broader team to provide information on daily/weekly changes to production schedule versus demand.
- Works with the Finance and Operations team to determines optimal inventory levels across all skus and ensure adequate inventory levels to fulfill all customer orders in full and on time.
- Providing input in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Ensures timely and cost effective of replenishment of stock based on demand forecast and close collaboration with sales, marketing and finance teams.
- Minimize shortage risks and proactively communicate risks to appropriate teams.
- Manage target inventory levels & shelf life to ensure service, reduce product waste and free up working capital.
- Developing and implementing tools, reports and processes to improve production planning capabilities, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Review batch/production reports from processing plants to ensure production within tolerance.
- Measure, track and analyze production planning performance indicators including ownership of action plans to drive performance improvements
- Support purchasing process for all materials required to meet forecasted and planned production needs across multiple locations.
- Manage purchase orders to external processing plants. Responsible for correct toll pricing and quantities required.
- Review and approve production related invoices.
- Review distributors orders and direct shipping of orders from processing/storage locations as required.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on production plant strategy to include additional plant onboarding or phase-outs as needed.
- Build out Sales and Operations planning and reporting to support cross functional collaboration and identify areas of risk as it relates to inventory
- Assist QA Manager with any QA related issues involved processing plants.
EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of experience in statistical forecasting, statistical modeling, production planning and demand planning in CPG industry.
- Minimum of 7 Years in a professional work setting
- Education: 4-year B.S./B.A. degree (preferably in Business, Supply Chain, or Finance or equivalent work experience.
- Experience using Inventory Management Software(Netsuite, SAP, DEAR) and exceptional skills in Excel + Word.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate across multiple departments and through multiple levels of the organization.
- Excellent financial modeling capabilities
- Demonstrated influencing, negotiating and conflict management skills.
- Excellent collaborative management skills.
- Previous experience in Process Planning, Project Management and Inventory Management
- Strong working knowledge of effective supply chain performance including supply planning, customer service, supplier, and manufacturing management.
- Establishes and flawlessly maintains systems, processes and procedures without exception. Understands that this is incredibly challenging in a fast growth company but accepts that this challenge.
- Can be counted on to exceed goals routinely and is consistently one of the top company performers. Is results oriented and steadfast in pushing himself/herself and others for success.
- Understands how the business works. Is knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends and information affecting the organization.
- Is dedicated to exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Understands that the customer experience is the single most important outcome created by the company and never let’s anyone forget it. Honors this principle by maintaining the pulse of the organization with quality reporting and using this information for improvements that produce even better customer experiences in the future.
- Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important. Quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts less important items aside without burying them forever. Can quickly and effectively sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal, eliminates roadblocks and creates focus. Does not accept excuses and finds ways to achieve success. Communicates with executive management before a goal or deadline is missed and effectively sets appropriate expectations.
- Exceptional at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done. Understands how to organize people and activities into efficient workflow. Knows what to measure and how to measure it to ensure consistently exceptional team performance.
- Is enthusiastic about the company and has unquestioned credibility with the entire team.
- Strong planning and organizational along with excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills,
- Proven ability to summarize and communicate complex issues or situations to senior stakeholders
- A self starter with an active passion for positive change including processes, skills & technology
- Seek to constantly expand and improve on skills and knowledge base
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced entrepreneurial environment
- Leads by example and exhibits professionalism at all times.
- Operates with the highest level of integrity and is widely trusted.
- Adheres to the FON values and beliefs in every interaction with employees, partners and customers during both good and tough times.
- Is bright, creative and deals with complexity comfortably. Is intellectually sharp, capable and agile.
- Has outstanding judgment, is a strong critical thinker and problem solver. Is able to predict and prevent issues before they arise. Creates systems that are efficient, effective, practical and scalable.
- Some Travel required
- Passion for an active health & wellness lifestyle
Please email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com