1 lb FON Beef Ancestral blend
3 tsp salt
2 tsp fresh-ground black pepper
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp mushroom powder
1 head of lettuce (we recommend using butter lettuce)
Sliced Red Onions
- For the burgers, combine all of your ingredients in a large bowl. Mix to combine without overworking the meat.
- Using slightly wet hands, form the meat into patties.
- Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot, add in a small amount of your preferred oil to coat the bottom.
- Cook the patties over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- If using cheese, melt 1 slice of cheddar cheese on top of each patty after the first flip.
- To assemble, layer 2 or more butter lettuce leaves on a plate. Top with your burger patty and any additional toppings.
- Add 2 or more lettuce leaves on top to wrap the burger entirely.