- 1 package Force of Nature Venison Medallion (2 steaks)
- 2 shallots (diced)
- 1 stick of cold grass fed unsalted butter (we love Lewis Road Creamery)
- ⅔ Cup beef bone broth (we love Kettle & Fire or FOND bone broth)
- Kosher Salt to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Using medium heat, heat up ⅓ of the grass fed butter in a large skillet.
- When the butter is hot, sear all sides of the Venison medallion until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
- Remove the venison medallion from the skillet and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Increase the heat of the pan and add another ⅓ of the grass fed butter to the skillet.
- When the butter is hot, add in the sliced shallots and cook until fragrant and translucent.
- Add in the Beef bone broth to deglaze the pan and with a wooden spoon, scrape up the bits on the bottom of the skillet.
- Add in the remaining ⅓ of the cold stick of unsalted grass fed butter to the skillet.
- Season the sauce with a generous amount of freshly cracked pepper.
- Reduce the heat and stir until the sauce turns into a gravy like consistency.
- Slice up the venison medallion and top with the black pepper pan sauce.
- Sprinkle some finishing salt over the top of the meat and sauce.