Force of Nature Venison Medallions | 2 tsp garlic - finely chopped | 1 tsp ground cumin | 1 tsp ground coriander | 1 tsp sea salt | 2 Tbsp olive oil | 8 flour tortillas | 1/2 cup sour cream | 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 avocado | 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro - finely chopped | 1 Tbsp finely diced shallot (or red onion) | 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
1 cup diced tomato (or a mixture of cucumber and tomato) | 1/4 cup finely diced red onion | 2 tsp finely diced red chili (or a pinch of chili powder) | 1 Tbsp olive oil | Sea salt | Freshly ground pepper
• Mix garlic, spices, olive oil and salt in a bowl. Add the venison and massage the marinade into the meat by hand. Allow to marinate for one hour.
• For the Guacamole - dice avocado, mix with 1 tablespoon of cilantro, shallot and lime juice. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
• For the tomato salsa - Mix together tomato, red onion, chili and season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Warm tortilla wraps by quickly heating on a hot BBQ, in a skillet or in the oven. Keep warm.
• Flash fry marinated venison on high heat until it has a little browning. Careful to not over cook. Let it rest 5-10 minutes before slicing into thin strips.
• Serve warm tortillas with sour cream, guacamole, tomato salsa, picked fresh cilantro and lime wedges.
*Recipe adapted from First Light