1 lb Force of Nature ground venison | 1 lb Force of Nature ground elk | 1 zucchini, diced | 1 red onion, diced | 2 bell peppers diced | 1 jalapeño, minced | 2 cup tomatoes, diced | 2 garlic cloves, minced | 4 tbsp. chili powder | 2 tbsp. ground cumin | 1 tsp. paprika | 1 cup tomato sauce | 4 cups beef stock | 1 tbsp. cooking fat | Fresh cilantro (to garnish) | 1 avocado, sliced (optional) | Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the cooking fat in a large saucepan over med-high heat. Add the garlic and onion, and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the ground elk and venison, brown 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle all of the spices over the meat. Season to taste and mix everything well.
- Add the zucchini, bell pepper, tomatoes, & jalapeno to the saucepan.
- Pour in the tomato sauce and beef stock; give everything a good stir.
- Cover, lower heat to medium, and let simmer 20 to 25 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning, and serve topped with fresh cilantro and sliced avocado.
*Recipe adapted from PaleoLeap