You have unlocked free shipping!
Free shipping on orders over $159!
$ to go.
Due to the frozen nature of our product all orders of perishable items will need to be $75 Dollars or greater.
WHERE THRIVING GRASSLANDS GROW, SO DOES HOPE
BISON SWEET POTATO SLIDERS
by Force of Nature
• 1 or 2 large sweet potatoes
• 1 egg yolk
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp onion powder
• 1 tsp black pepper
• 1 tsp dijon mustard
• Guacamole (Optional)
- Place the sweet potato in a pot, and cover with water. Salt the water heavily, then bring to a boil.
- Cook until the sweet potato is just fork-tender, and then remove and let cool.
- Once cooled, slice into large rounds.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground bison, egg yolk, spices, and mustard. Mix to combine, and then form into size appropriate patties.
- In a large cast iron skillet, lay down the strips of bacon.
- Place the cast iron over a burner on medium heat, and cook until the bacon fat begins to render. Flip the bacon after a few minutes and cook until it’s as crispy as you desire.
- Set the bacon aside on a paper towel lined tray, and reserve the rendered fat.
- Return the cast iron to medium-high heat. Add a few tablespoons of the rendered bacon fat, and brown the sweet potato rounds on both sides, about 5 minutes total. Set aside.
- Next, cook the burger patties in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add them to the skillet, and then smash them down slightly with a large spatula. Cook until both sides are browned and your desired internal temp is reached (we like to cook these just past medium rare). If using cheese, place it on top of the burger patty after the first flip.
- SHOP OUR GROUND BISON -
*Recipe written by Myles Snyder