● 1-2 tbsp avocado oil mayo
● 1 tbsp chili powder
● 1 tbsp garlic powder
● 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
● 2 cloves of garlic, minced
● 1 tbsp tomato paste
● 1/2 cup tomato puree
● 2 chipotles in adobo (seeded and chopped) + 1 tbsp adobo sauce
● 2 tsp cumin
● 2 tsp chili powder
● 1 tsp garlic powder
● 1 tsp black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400
- Mix together the chicken, mayo, spices, and salt in a big bowl, folding everything into the chicken gently once everything is incorporated, you will have a very wet mixture.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop balls of the mixture onto a lightly oiled baking sheet
- Bake for 15 min or so until cooked through
- In a saucepan, heat a few tbsp of olive oil over medium heat
- Add in your yellow onion, and cook for a few minutes until translucent
- Add in your minced garlic, and cook for another minute or so.
- Add in your spices and stir to coat the onions and garlic.
- Add in the tomato paste, chopped chipotle chiles, adobo, tomato puree, and broth.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until it has a sauce-like consistency (about 10 minutes).
- Add in a splash of vinegar and salt to taste.
- In a bowl over white rice, add a few of the meatballs, and spoon a generous portion of the sauce over it them.
- Top with fresh cilantro, thinly sliced white onion, Mexican crema, cotija cheese, or any other desired toppings.