INGREDIENTS (Makes 4 servings):
● 1 lb Force of Nature Ground Chicken Ancestral
● ¾ cup Greek yogurt
● 3 tablespoons tahini, stirred
● 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
● Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
● 1 medium yellow, finely chopped
● 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
● ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
● Sea salt
● 1 teaspoon ground cumin
● ¾ teaspoon ground coriander
● ½ teaspoon paprika
● ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (preferably Aleppo pepper)
● 1 large egg, lightly beaten
● 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
● 1/4 cup finely chopped mint
● Halved pita, for serving
- Make the yogurt-tahini sauce: in a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, tahini, and lemon juice until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat a No.10 Field Skillet over medium heat for a couple of minutes. Add 2 tablespoons of oil, the onion, and garlic and season with salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until softened and lightly browned, 4 minutes. Add the coriander, cumin, paprika, and pepper flakes and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
- Add the chicken, egg, parsley, mint, and 1 teaspoon salt. Mix well with your hands. Divide the chicken mixture into 8 portions, then form each into an oval-shaped log. The kofta mixture will be very loose; if it’s too loose to shape with your hands, refrigerate the mixture for about 30 minutes or until it firms up a bit.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the skillet over medium-low heat. Add the kofta and cook until well browned all over and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads 165°F, about 10 minutes. If the kofta begin to brown too quickly, lower the heat.
- Transfer the kofta to a place and serve with the yogurt-tahini sauce and pita.
Recipe brought to you by Field Co. - Smoother, Lighter Cast iron Skillets
- SHOP CHICKEN ANCESTRAL BLEND -