1 shallot, finely chopped | 1 Fresno chile or red jalapeño, finely chopped | 3 - 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped | 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar | 1 tsp kosher salt, plus more | 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro | 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley | 2 tbsp finely chopped oregano | 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• Combine shallot, chile, garlic, vinegar, and 1 tsp of salt in a medium bowl. Let sit 10 minutes.
• Stir in cilantro, parsley, and oregano. Using a fork, whisk in oil.
• Transfer 1/2 cup of chimichurri to a small bowl; season with salt and reserve as sauce.
• Place meat in a glass, stainless-steel, or ceramic dish. Toss with remaining chimichurri.
• Cover and chill at least 3 hours or up to overnight.
• Remove meat from marinade, pat dry, and grill.
• Spoon reserved chimichurri over grilled meat.