CHIPOTLE-GLAZED TOMAHAWK STEAK INGREDIENTS
- Force of Nature Venison Tomahawk Steaks
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
SALAD AND DRESSING INGREDIENTS
- 4 cups arugula or mixed greens
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/3 cup sliced green apples
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- salt to taste
First, prepare the glaze.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add in the onion and garlic and cook until softened.
- Add in the chipotle chiles and the honey, and stir to combine.
- Add in the stock, season with salt, and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat, and allow the mixture to simmer. Cook for 10-15 minutes until the mixture has reduced significantly. Turn off the heat and allow it to cook.
- Once cooled, add the mixture to a blender and blend to combine. Add the vinegar and season with salt to taste.
- If the mixture is still too watery, you can continue reducing it in a saucepan to get the consistency you like.
- Salt the venison tomahawks generously.
- Pre-heat a grill over medium-high heat.
- Sear the tomahawks on the first side until a good crust forms. Turn them over and sear on the other side.
- Brush the glaze on the first side. Continue turning and brushing the glaze onto the tomahawk until the venison is cooked through.
- Lightly oil the sliced onions and grill on both sides until slightly charred and softened.
- Toss the cooked onions with a bit of the extra glaze.
- Add all of the ingredients for the salad dressing into a jar and shake to combine.
- In a large bowl, add all of the salad ingredients. Drizzle on the dressing and mix to combine.
- Plate bowls of the salad. Top each salad with a venison tomahawk and some of the onions. Drizzle on additional glaze, if desired.