14oz Force of Nature Ground Bison or Bison Ancestral Blend | 1 garlic clove, minced | 2 tsp cumin | 2 & 1/2 tsp chili powder | 2 tsp paprika | sea salt to taste | 2 limes | 2 tbsp oil | 1 tomato, diced | 2 - 4 ripe avocados | 1 red onion, chopped | 1 & 1/2 cups salsa or pico de gallo | 1 tomato, diced | 16 oz plain cream cheese | 1 & 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (we love raw goat cheddar cheese or organic valley cheddar))
ADDITIONAL TOPPINGS (pick & choose your favorites):
1 head romaine lettuce, chopped | black olives, sliced | green onions, chopped | cilantro | 1 fresh tomato, diced | sour cream | lime juice | red onion, chopped
- Add bison, chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic, and salt to a skillet and cook on medium-high heat until browned (no pink). Make sure to break up the meat into smaller pieces as it cooks. Bison is lean and cooks faster than beef so be careful to not over cook. Once cooked, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, mash the avocados together with 1/3 cup of chopped onions, 1 diced tomato, the juice of 1 lime, and salt to taste.
- In a separate bowl, add 1/2 a tsp of chili powder and juice of 1/2 a lime into the cream cheese and mix well.
- Start assembling your layers and then it is ready to serve!
- Cream cheese
- Salsa/pico de gallo
- Additional Toppings (lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, olives, chives, sour cream)
CORN CHIP ALTERNATIVES: Force of Nature Iberico Bacon, cooked/crispy | sliced veggies | Epic Provisions - regenerative pork rinds | baked cheese crisps | baked sweet potato chips | Seite chips | or grab a spoon & dive in!