You have unlocked free shipping!
Free shipping on orders over $159!
$ to go.
Due to the frozen nature of our product all orders of perishable items will need to be $75 Dollars or greater.
WHERE THRIVING GRASSLANDS GROW, SO DOES HOPE
SPICED ELK WITH GREEK YOGURT DIP
by Force of Nature
GREEK YOGURT INGREDIENTS:
1.5 cups plain Greek yogurt (look for a thick Greek yogurt— you can also use Labneh) | 1 small bunch fresh mint (chopped) | 1 small bunch fresh parsley (chopped) | 1 small bunch fresh dill (chopped) | 1 medium cucumber (or 2 Persian cucumbers) | 2 cloves garlic (minced) | Juice and zest of 1 lemon
SPICED ELK INGREDIENTS:
1 package FON ground elk | 1 tsp garlic powder | 1 tsp onion powder | 1 tsp smoked paprika | 1/2 tsp black pepper | 1/2 tsp turmeric | 1/2 tsp ground cumin | (Optional) Toasted Pine Nuts | (Optional) chopped mint, parsley, or dill
- Season elk generously with salt and the spice blend. Mix to combine without overworking the meat.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat a few tablespoons of oil over medium heat. Add in the spiced elk, break it up gently with a wooden spoon, and cook it through, mixing occasionally. Elk cooks quickly and is best enjoyed when it’s not overcooked!
- Set the spiced elk aside while you prepare the yogurt mixture.
- To prepare the cucumber, grate it into a bowl with a box grater or cheese grater. Either press the cucumber with paper towels to release excess moisture, or lightly salt it and allow it to sit in a fine mesh strainer over a bowl for 10 min to allow water to release.
- In a large bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, chopped herbs, drained cucumber, garlic, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Add a generous heap of salt and stir to combine, adding more salt and lemon juice as needed until you get the taste and consistency you want.
- Spread the yogurt mixture out on a large plate. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Add the spiced elk to the middle of the plate. Top with toasted pine nuts and additional fresh herbs, if desired.
- Serve with Simple Mills Pita Chips and enjoy!
- CLICK HERE TO SHOP OUR 100% GRASS FED ELK -