Skip to content
TEXAS WILD BOAR “ARMADILLO EGGS” WITH IBERICO BACON
- 1 pack FON ground Wild Boar
- 1 pack FON Iberico Bacon
- 8 medium sized jalapenos
- 1 block of Organic Valley cream cheese
- 1 cup raw cheddar cheese - shredded
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 tbsp kosher salt (we love diamond crystal)
- 1 ½ tsp Fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Remove the ground wild boar and the Iberico Bacon from the Force of Nature packaging and set aside.
- In a large bowl, season the ground wild boar with kosher salt, fresh cracked pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika, ground cumin, and mix gently to combine.
- In another large bowl, combine the organic valley cream cheese, shredded raw cheddar cheese, minced garlic cloves, salt and pepper to taste.
- With a knife, make a lengthwise incision in each jalapeno and remove the internal membrane and seeds with a small spoon.
- Fill the inside of each jalapeno with the cream cheese mixture.
- Cover the outside of each filled jalapeno with ~ ¼ cup of seasoned wild boar and gently roll into the shape of an egg.
- Wrap each meatball with 1 strip of Iberico Bacon and place on the cooking sheet.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 400 degrees until the bacon is crispy and the wild boar is completely cooked through (~160-165 degrees).
- Remove from the heat and let the bacon wrapped armadillo eggs rest for 10 minutes.
- Plate the armadillo eggs and ENJOY!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.